Do we Need an IP Plumber?
If someone wants to surf web pages, download MP3s, share photographs or watch streaming video, then the currently offered broadband services are good enough. But, this is going to change – or at least that’s what is being predicted.
• Global IP traffic will quadruple from 2009 to 2014
• Video-on-demand (VoD) traffic will double every two and a half years through 2014
• Consumer IPTV and CATV traffic will grow at a 33% CAGR between 2009 and 2014
• For the first time since 2000, P2P traffic will not be the largest type of Internet traffic
• Advanced internet video (3D and HD) will increase twenty-three fold between 2009 and 2014; by 2014, 3D and HD internet video will comprise 46 percent of consumer internet video traffic
Product Marketing Manager
Network Solutions Division