On a Wireless Backhaul Roadshow
Besides trying to explain to my husband where I was going (“You are going on a roadshow to talk about Wally’s WHAT????”), everything else fell into place when we launched our wireless backhaul solution on July 14th. If you missed it, on that day ECI launched a comprehensive, highly integrated solution for wireless backhaul networks. To do so, the team and I traveled throughout the U.S., London and Asia Pacific to talk to the media (press and analysts) about what we are trying to accomplish with it.
• How the wireless backhaul network needs to be optimized fast to cope with the under-estimated hockey-stick projections of needed capacity as exacerbated by smart phones. Hear what Jennifer Pigg, Vice President at the Yankee Group, has to say in this video
• How there is not one-size-fits-all in the path to packet. Sure, everyone agrees that we are all moving towards packet. The question is how…
• How mobile congestion is not going to magically disappear – operators will focus on small cell sites in high traffic areas to cope with this
• How emerging market operators are coping with best-of-breed or end-to-end solutions
• How the bottom line for any operator is revenues. Yes, total cost of ownership is important, bandwidth and capacity are critical, quality of service is necessary, but ultimately, how can they bring services quickly to their customers and monetize these?
Topics: Mobile Backhaul