The Evolution Revolution
Our industry is in the midst of an evolutionary revolution. Change normally comes slowly in our market, but this year has seen the rapid advance of Software Defined Networks (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) as market drivers in the world of network solutions. ECI, as an industry leading, global supplier of network solutions finds itself, once again, at the forefront of change.
Leading vendors in the market are closing out their year gearing up to face the new market demands of 2015, which include a focus on SDN/NFV. ECI is no different. What better way to look at what the future holds than to look back on this past year and see how far ECI has come.
- Last January we launched Israel's first 100G Optical Network, with Bezeq International.
- Following closely on the heels of this success was a demonstration of 1Tb/s transceiver transmission with the Tera Santa Consortium at the German Research Network - Deutsches Forschungsnetz e.V. (DFN-Verein) optical network.
- ECI went on to lead nine other major Israeli companies and ten Israeli Universities/Research Institutions to form the Neptune (Network Programming) consortium. Neptune's goal is to develop efficient methods to automate and programmatically manage service provider networks, irrespective of their underlying network technologies.
- Then began the job of laying the foundation for our future direction. ECI launched, SmartLight® as our framework for next generation packet-optical transport with SDN and NFV. By supporting "smart migration", SmartLight's open standard approach enables service providers to start enjoying the benefits of SDN immediately on their current installed base. SmartLight also provides a unique, comprehensive security suite for protecting the network as it becomes increasingly open and programmable.
SmartLight comprises five elements forming the basis of a comprehensive networking solution:
- Apollo and NPT SDN-ready converged L0-L3 transport systems
- LightApps suite of network automation and efficiency tools, and premium service applications
- LightSoft, ECI's market leading network management suite
- LightControl multi-layer carrier-class SDN controller
- LightSec suite of security applications and appliances
- Throughout the year we traveled the globe to spread the news about ECI. From the Homeland Security Conference in Tel Aviv, to Africa Com in South Africa, to European Utilities Week in Amsterdam and the SDN Workflow Show in Düsseldorf, on to the United States and several shows in places like Chicago, Washington, DC, Dallas and Tampa Bay; ECI spread the news of a successful year, the message of SDN/NFV and its new corporate vision.
Going into 2015, ECI has the confidence and trust of a client base developed over more than half a century. We use that trust to drive us forward as a corporation.
As the late Steve Jobs, founder of Apple, said "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do."
At ECI Telecom our teams have passion for their jobs. We have a passion for the efficiency of your network and for seeing our partners succeed as companies. We take responsibility for your network and do not take that responsibility lightly. We push our teams to work towards making yesterday's solutions even better for tomorrow's challenges.
At ECI Telecom, we believe. We believe in our technology. We believe in our corporate vision. And we are driven to forge our place within this evolutionary revolution. Moving forward is a new ECI. We look forward to the start of 2015. We'll see you there.
The ECI family wishes your family a healthy and prosperous New Year.